Monday, July 26, 2021

 


 

Reflection on the lesson taught

Teaching in any method is to make the learners understand the lesson. But it differs in the level of understanding.  (The ICT used in teaching are, Laptop, Projector and mobile.)

On 22nd June, I taught a Geography lesson in class VII on natural resources. Teaching lesson without ICT and with ICT integration makes a vast difference in today’s world. In the past and sometimes these days most of the teaching are done without ICT integration. Teaching without ICT to the students these days is monotonous and provide less information. So it’s important to teach in a different method or let’s say “Teaching with ICT integration.”

I taught my students using ICT on the topic Natural Resources. I used the projector to teach with the PPT presentation prepared. Children were able to understand more when they were taught using the ICT and presented in PPT. the reason could be while teaching using ICT, we can show them again and again if they have doubts. The explanation of the PPT further make the lesson effective and efficient.

When teaching was done using ICT, the classroom was full of sharing and interaction when they were given activity to do. Unlike the normal traditional teaching children enjoy learning when they were taught using ICT. They also learned more easily when taught through ICT.

When students are taught without using ICT, the teacher and the students have to do a lot of interaction and they need a lot of teacher’s guidance. Whereas when they are taught a lesson through ICT integration, they brainstorm and do a lot of research among themselves. So when they interact, they learn a lot. Besides interacting, they were also given a time to explore using mobile.

Therefore I prefer teaching my students using ICT as students also learn more through ICT integration.

 

Dorji Gyeltshen

 


23 comments:

  1. Going through your monthly reflection I can truly sense that how well you have enriched expression and facilitated classroom teaching and learning by having ICT integrated lesson.

    A huge applause for your well written reflection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. slow and steady wins the race
      good start
      cheers!

      Delete
  2. Wow wow nice lesson using ICT sir with good start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wonderful work sir

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going through your blog, it was really good that you have put in total thinking.
    I do agree with what you said about IMPORTANCE of ict integration in teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful and informative reflection for the month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do agree with you points as ICT lets students to explore on their own

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely written. Keep going so that your students will be engaged meaningfully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your children are meaningfully engaged in learning while you use ICT in the lesson. Cheerful! Continue it ...

    ReplyDelete

 reflection on ICT usage in the classroom on dated 23/11/2021, back in my regular class I went with the lesson prepared in power point. stud...